WHAT DO I POST?
This is the number one question people ask when it comes to social media marketing.
There are endless amounts of ideas for you to use when it comes to posting on social media. However, maybe you need some direction on what will work best for you or you just need some cool ideas to get you started.
Before we get to the list, take note of these tips to get the intended impact from these ideas:
1. BE RELEVANT
If you want this to work you need to be posting content that is relevant. Your audience wants to see something that applies to them, something they need, something they are interested in etc.
Let’s say you would like to share something that’s on your bucket list. Could you possibly relate it back to your business? Could you create an opportunity for your audience to engage with you by adding an open-ended question?
2. Talk TO your audience, not AT them.
It’s social media. You want people to connect with you and your brand. If you’re not wording posts socially, you’re closing the door to engagement.
Don’t just post a quote with a caption saying “Found this quote and wanted to share it”, try and make it more personal. Say something like “I found a quote this morning that is so inspiring, I just had to pass it on to you. I often overlook… etc.”
The difference is in the way you talk to people. Think about how you word things, make it more personal, try and write how you would speak. It will make a huge difference.
3. EVERYTHING should ALWAYS support your business goals.
- Post to connect.
- Post to learn more about your audience.
- Post to start a conversation.
- Post to get leads.
- Post to drive traffic.
- Post to build your business.
By doing this, you will reach your goals faster.
4. Use a COPYWRITING PLATFORM.
Sometimes we can’t think of anything to say. Try out some copywriting platforms to spark ideas and rewrite boring copy. You will never run out of fresh content and ideas.
In social media, content is king. How do you create high-quality content though?
The most valuable content is interesting, informative, and entertaining. However, there’s no hard and fast rule for what works best. You should experiment to see what gets the most engagement from your audience.
It’s also okay to mix things up now and then. Keeping people engaged requires a little variety.
This brings us to 70 killer ideas to post on social media.
1. Remind people who you are
2. Go behind the scenes
3. Share a personal story
4. Tell people what you sell
5. Share a joke (graphics or text)
6. Share a quote (graphics or text)
7. Host an #AMA (ask me anything)
8. Post a how to or tutorial
9. Ask a question
10. Host a poll
11. Share your favourite book
12. Ask for recommendations (Books, TV, apps, music, something related to your biz)
13. Host giveaways
14. Tell people to sign up on your email list
15. Give away a coupon
16. Host a sale
17. Remind people to buy your products or services
18. Share a quick tip
19. Share industry news (Add your thoughts to It)
20. Go LIVE (Live Videos Perform AMAZINGLY WELL)
21. Post a sneak peek of something coming soon
22. Share a blog post you wrote
23. Share any press or PR features You Have
24. Post a testimonial from a client
25. Give your audience a gift
26. Re-share some older content (Graphics, quotes, blog posts)
27. Host a 1 day only flash sale
28. Share content from someone else
29. Let someone guest post or take over your profile
30. Post a case study
31. Answer FAQ’s
32. Share some personal wins or results
33. Host an interview with a Guest
34. Post something seasonal or highlight a holiday
35. Thank your fans!
36. Post motivational Monday
37. Post a Tuesday tip
38. Post a Wednesday wisdom
39. Post a throwback Thursday
40. Post a flashback Friday
41. Share a short video clip (Yours or one you like)
42. Share a podcast episode you love
43. Share a YouTube video you love
44. Post some interesting stats or data about your industry
45. Share your favourite resources (Apps, websites, blogs)
46. Share a WIN or SUCCESS
47. Share a LOSS or a FAILURE
48. Share your morning routine
49. Post about events you’re hosting or going to
50. Post where you’ll be speaking or where you’re making appearances
51. Share an unknown feature about your products or services
52. Let your employee take over for a day
53. Show someone using your product
54. Post a discount or a special offer
55. Tell people how you got started
56. Share what inspired you to create your product or service
57. Shout out or mention other brands
58. Shout out or mention your clients
59. Share a success story
60. Share a few of your favourite things
61. Post a fill In the blank
62. Talk about mistakes people are making
63. Share a tweet you like
64. Share a Pinterest pin you Like
65. Share your other social profiles to connect on
66. Share your contact info
67. Post about a trip you’ve taken
68. Share a charity you’ve partnered with
69. Post about something on your bucket list
70. Ask your audience how they found you
If you found this blog at all helpful, make sure to checkout our other blogs for further ideas, tips and tricks here.
Too busy to do all of this yourself? Get in touch with our team to discover how we can assist you in exploding your business through more than just social media posts!