Pearce Media is an entity registered in South Africa. Pearce Media is a dynamic media agency.
To achieve our objectives we must collect and use information which includes Personal Information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013(POPI). Information that alone or jointly with other factors identifies you as a person is personal information in terms of POPI. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, information such as your name, contact details, telephone number, biometric information, registration number etc.
We treat all personal information that is collected as private and confidential.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is collected directly from you(data subject) and may be collected indirectly from other external sources for purposes of complying with the law.
Due to the type of service that we provide it is important for us to have a complete view of the data subjects that we assist, understand their behaviors. We need to be proactive and pre-emptive in effectively identifying risks that impacts our data subjects. We may therefore use other sources to find information, sources such as:
- Media sources such as social media
- Publicly available information
The purpose for collection of personal information
We collect your personal information for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Social Media
- App development
Personal information that we collect
We collect different attributes of your personal information at specific points of our processes, to fulfil legal requirements and internal business purposes. Some of the information we collect i:
- Identity number ( company registration numbers, passport number);
- Email-addresses, physical address, contact number;
- Names, surname;
- Financial information
We may not be able to carry out our legislative mandate and provide our services to you or procure your services without your personal information.
We might from time to time share your personal information with third parties affiliated to us. We will only disclose your personal information when:
- It is necessary to fulfil our mandate in terms of agreements.
- For business purposes;
- The law requires it;
- Your legitimate interests requires the disclosure
- You consented to us disclosing the information.
Third parties may include but not limited to:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Service Providers
We request, where appropriate, the third parties with whom we share information with, to take adequate steps and comply with applicable data protection laws and protect the information disclosed to them. We accomplish this through contractual arrangements with these third parties. We also have internal controls to ensure that the third parties we appoint have appropriate controls to protect the information we provide to them.
If you want to learn more about our internal measures, please contact the Pearce Media Information Officer.
Transborder Information flows
We only process personal information in South Africa.
As a data subject, you have certain rights that you can exercise in relation to the personal information we hold about you. You can exercise your right to:
- Ask for access to the information we hold about you. We may, if allowed by law, charge for this.
- Request correction and updates to the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to the way we use personal information about you.
- Request that information be deleted that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully or where we are no longer authorized to keep such information.
- Submit complaints to us about the way we use your personal information. If you are not satisfied with how we handle your complaint, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
The security systems and controls we have implemented are designed to maintain confidentiality, prevent loss, unauthorised access, and damage to information by unauthorised parties.
Retention of Personal Information
Our retention policy defines how long we keep all types of records, including any personal information we process. Personal information is retained and destroyed as required or authorised by law.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may access, amend and correct your personal information that we hold about you by sending an email to email@example.com.
Unit B06, 1 Highveld
5 Bellingham Road
Information Regulator Information
Address: JD House,
27 Stiemens Street
Email: enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.